GENERAL MEETINGS ARE CURRENTLY BEING HELD. SAFETY GUIDELINES HAVE BEEN PUT IN PLACE.
To join the Pasco Sheriff’s Office Explorer Post 916, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 14-21 years old
- Must be enrolled in high school or possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must maintain a 2.0 grade point average in school
- Must not have a criminal record
- Must be mentally, morally, and physically fit
- Must attend three consecutive meetings as a visitor prior to becoming a member
- Must complete a formal membership application
- Must pass an oral board examination and a complete background investigation
STEP BY STEP PROCESS
- Attend your first general meeting as a visitor. Applicants will be given a formal application.
- At the second general meeting, the applicant should have completed the formal application and will have an Administrative Interview with the Senior Advisor. The Senior Advisor will go over the application and ensure all requirements are met. The Senior Advisor will begin the background investigation process. Applicants may arrive at 5:00 PM before the start of the general meeting to complete this step early.
- At the third general meeting, the applicant will participate in an oral board consisting of four ranking Explorers and an advisor. The oral board will ask the applicant questions regarding their interests and decision making skills. Applicants may arrive at 5:00 PM before the start of the general meeting to complete this step early. If there are any discrepancies or disqualifiers during the background investigation, the Senior Advisor will inform the applicant.
- If the applicant passes all three stages, they will be issued a Class C uniform and be added to the Explorer roster as a Probationary Explorer. At the next general meeting, the Probationary Explorer will begin their Field Training.